Sunday, March 16, 2014

Starting Over

So if any of you want to test how dependent on your technology you are, try losing all your information on your phone. If you think to yourself, "Oh sure, I could go without Snapchat and Twitter every day," you'd be WRONG. Trust me on this one. 

Long story short, I had to get a new phone over break because I couldn't get WiFi, so we backed up all my information to iTunes (or so we thought) and then couldn't get it back to my phone. So now I have a new phone with none of my information on it. I didn't realize how dependent I am on all of my apps until now. 

And I think that's true for everyone. Joni Mitchell got it right; you don't know what you got till it's gone. Even your solitaire app! Seriously, it's killing me that all of my progress and stats are just gone now and I have to start from scratch again. I have to start all over with everything! I learned my lesson. I need to stop relying so much on my phone. Or I could just be smarter about backing up my information...Either way, now that all of that information is gone, I realize how much I used it and counted on it to be there. It's a sad realization, that's for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment